Stitch a rolled hem in sheer and very lightweight fabrics for evening wear, lingerie, scarves. Zigzag stitch, length 3, width 3.
1. Snap on 2 mm Shell Rolled Hem Foot.
2. Press a rolled hem (the width of the tunnel on the underside of the foot) in the first inch of the hem.
3. Place the hem under the presser foot and stitch several stitches along the edge of the hem.
4. Stop with the needle in the fabric, raise the presser foot and pull the fabric edge up into the scroll/guide on the foot.
5. Lower the presser foot, continue to sew. Do not help the fabric edge to roll, simply hold it vertically.
Stitch a shell rolled hem on lightweight fabrics for lingerie, chiffon, scarves. Zigzag stitch, length 4.5, width 4 (increase upper tension slightly so the edge will scallop)
Help yourself to a bit of inspiration:
Browse our complete accessory catalogue to find just the right prop.
Sign up for our newsletter to see what smart sewers are reading.
Keeping the World Sewing
VIKING is a trademark of KSIN Luxembourg II, S.ar.l. HUSQVARNA is a trademark of Husqvarna AB. All trademarks used under license by VSM Group AB. ©2013 KSIN Luxembourg II, S.ar.l.
/Accessories/2 mm Shell Rolled Hem Foot