For clear visibility when 1/4" (6 mm) and 1/8" (3 mm) seams with straight stitch are desired.
Guidelines to turn corners for 1/4" (6 mm) or 1/8" (3 mm) seams.
1. The Clear 1/4" Piecing Foot can be used whenever you require a 1/4" (6 mm) or 1/8" (3 mm) seam. It is ideal when you are stitching 1/4" (6 mm) away from an applique, embroidery etc., for example in echo quilting. The Clear 1/4" Piecing Foot works well when stitching in the center of the fabric.
2. Snap on the Clear 1/4" Piecing Foot. Thread with sewing thread or invisible thread on top and sewing thread in the bobbin. Touch Needle Stop Down.
3. The Clear 1/4" Piecing Foot has red marks on the foot. They will help you to align the fabric at the start of your sewing, at corners and at the end of your fabric.
4. To begin 1/4" (6 mm) from the edge of the fabric, place your fabric under the foot, aligning edge of the fabric with the front red mark on the foot. This mark is 1/4" (6 mm) from the needle. To begin sewing 1/8" (3 mm) from the edge of the fabric, align the fabric with the second line from the front.
5. To pivot 1/4" (6 mm) from the end, stop sewing when the front line on the foot is even with the edge of the fabric you are quilting around. The needle will be in the down position, Designer Series machines will automatically stop in Pivot Position. On other models, raise the presser foot. Turn the fabric.
You will be positioned 1/4" (6 mm) from the edge of the appliqué, embroidery, etc. you are quilting around and be ready to begin sewing.
Help yourself to a bit of inspiration:
Browse our complete accessory catalogue to find just the right prop.
Sign up for our newsletter to see what smart sewers are reading.
Keeping the World Sewing
VIKING is a trademark of KSIN Luxembourg II, S.ar.l. HUSQVARNA is a trademark of Husqvarna AB. All trademarks used under license by VSM Group AB. ©2013 KSIN Luxembourg II, S.ar.l.
/Accessories/Clear ¼” Piecing Foot