Sew eyelets for laces, belts, shower rings, and more.
1. Zigzag stitch, width 2–3 (adjust as needed to clear Eyelet Plate), drop feed teeth.
2. Insert Eyelet Plate into needle plate. Snap off presser foot, remove ankle as needed.
3. Place fabric in small hoop. Poke a small hole for eyelet. (Use Eyelet Cutter or Buttonhole Knife.)
4. Work the hole over the eyelet plate finger.
5. Bring bobbin thread to top and wrap top and bobbin thread around the finger to anchor them.
6. Lower presser foot.
7. Stitch zigzag turning fabric as you stitch to zigzag around the eyelet. After stitching around the eyelet once, clip any thread tails, increase stitch width as desired, and zigzag around eyelet a second time.
Help yourself to a bit of inspiration:
Browse our complete accessory catalogue to find just the right prop.
Sign up for our newsletter to see what smart sewers are reading.
Keeping the World Sewing
VIKING is a trademark of KSIN Luxembourg II, S.ar.l. HUSQVARNA is a trademark of Husqvarna AB. All trademarks used under license by VSM Group AB. ©2013 KSIN Luxembourg II, S.ar.l.
/Accessories/Eyelet Plate 6 MM