Inspira® Dissolve-A-Way Plus is a medium weight water soluble film that can be used as either a backing or a topper. It is great for embroidery projects like 3D appliqué, cutwork, embroidery on towels and other applications where it is desirable for the stabilizer to be removed completely.
Dissolve-A-Way Plus 12” x 10 yards (620113896)
Directions for use:
• Cut a piece of Inspira® Dissolve-A-Way Plus stabilizer large enough for the selected hoop (hoop dimension plus at least 1” on all four sides).
For free-standing appliqué:
• Hoop Dissolve-A-Way Plus stabilizer only, making sure it is taut in the hoop. Additional layers may be required for dense embroidery designs or heavier weight thread. Note: Check embroidery design instructions to be sure that design was digitized to be free-standing.
• When the embroidery is completed, cut away the excess stabilizer. Submerge the embroidery in warm to hot water. Move the embroidery continuously and keep submerged in the water bath for at least 10 minutes.
• Rinse thoroughly with very warm water. Repeat the process as needed until all remaining stabilizer is completely dissolved.
• Place the embroidery work on a flat surface until dry. Press with a warm iron using a pressing cloth.
For use as a topper:
• Hoop the fabric to be embroidered with appropriate backing stabilizer.
• Place the Inspira® Dissolve-A-Way Plus stabilizer on top of the hooped fabric. Baste in place.
• When the embroidery is completed, carefully pull away the excess stabilizer. Any remaining areas can be removed by blotting with a moist sponge or spritzing with water. Larger areas are easily removed during laundering.
• Place item on flat surface until thoroughly dry.
Best for these applications:
• 3D appliqué, cutwork, hoop-less embroidery, decorative stitch borders.
• Light to medium weight wovens, light to medium weight knits – including “slinky” knit, batiste, organza, organdy, chiffon, tulle, netting, towels/terry cloth, minkee and polar fleece.